New Zealand Private Equity & Venture Capital Association Incorporated (NZVCA, we, our, us) recognises the importance of protecting your privacy. We comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1993 when handling your personal information.
Scope of this policy
Collection of personal information
We may collect personal information that you provide to us when you:
- contact us;
- directly provide us with your personal information;
- apply for, renew or update a NZVCA membership;
- register for, attend, present or speak at NZVCA associated events or conferences;
- register for NZVCA emails, newsletters and other updates; and
- use the NZVCA website.
Personal information we collect may include your name, email address, phone number, occupation, employer name, payment information and information regarding your enquiry.
Failure to provide any requested information may result in:
- us being unable to contact you, process your membership application, renewal or update, or registration for an event; or
- you being unable to attend the NZVCA associated event/conference, or use all the features of the NZVCA website.
When you visit our website, our servers may record your Internet Protocol address (IP address), domain name, date and time of visit, previous site visited and browser type. This information is recorded for statistical purposes to help us identify what parts of our website our users visit the most, which in turn assists us to determine how to best service our users.
Statistical information is collected anonymously. If you have not identified yourself on the site, we will not link a record of your usage of our website to you personally.
Our website uses a technology commonly referred to as “cookies”. A cookie is a token that is stored on your computer. When you access our website the token acts as a record-keeping device. Cookies help us provide additional functionality to you or to help us analyse site usage more accurately.
You may disable your web browser from accepting cookies. This will not prevent you from accessing the website, however, it may prevent you from utilising all features on the site.
Use and disclosure of personal information
We will only use personal information:
- for the purposes for which it was collected;
- in providing services to NZVCA members, including administering the NZVCA membership database;
- in assessing membership eligibility and benefits;
- in promoting NZVCA events and services;
- when engaging with organisations in the public and private sector on matters relating to NZVCA, NZVCA members and investment generally; or
- as may otherwise be permitted by law.
We will not provide personal information about you to any third parties except:
- where third parties are engaged by us to provide services in connection with the uses outlined above;
- to third parties who provide us with payment processing services;
- to comply with law; or
- if otherwise permitted by law.
Credit card security
When transacting via our website by credit card you will be transferred to the Payment Express website. Payment Express is a secure credit card payment service provided by Direct Payment Solutions. The NZVCA website neither collects nor stores your credit card details.
Please also refer to our Event Registration Terms & Conditions for further information.
Access to your personal information
You can access and request correction of your personal details at any time by contacting us by email at email@example.com or by phone on +64 9 302 5218.